Monday, February 29, 2016

And the Award Goes to....!!!!

An awkward year to discuss, with some of the most glamorous and often best dressed actors abstaining from the highly homogenized awards. So before I begin I'll share, my personal favorite part of last night:

well and this ;)
But now to give my two cents on clothing and makeup!
We'll start with my fav couples: Chrissy Teigen & John Legend- not only are these two the most squee ever, but they always look gorgeous. Chrissy's so beautiful, her dress choice was more flattering than Emily Blunt's, who's also rocking the bump right now ;)
Olivia Munn & Aaron Rodgers- She's actually in my top 5 for all the dresses last night too. Not everyone can rock that color AND it's a Stella McCartney!!
Sarah Silverman & Michael Sheen- I know, beating out Naomi Watts & Liev Schriber, but I think Sarah's understated dress and sleek styling are more cohesive than Watts. I LOVE Naomi's makeup and hair, but they are battling for attention with her dress and large jewelry. Too much visually.
Best Dressed: Again I really love Olivia Munn's dress. It's sleek but unique, and elegant. It's a shame about her hair and makeup styling. While I actually dig her bright palette, she wasn't on top of her shine control and it only made her too flat and stringy hairstyle look greasy as well.
Charlize Theron- This woman has made a pact with something unholy I think ;) She always hits it, always stunning, styled perfectly, never ages.... I'm not a huge fan of the necklace, but ya know, she rocks it. Always rocks it.
Brie Larson- I'm not digging the little girl hair, but the COLOR of that dress. Can I roll around in it? the belt is loud but it works. Apparently Gucci started work on it before Christmas. The cut, the detail, I would try and steal this one.
Rachel McAdams- Gorgeous dress, beautiful jewel tone. Easy to be lost in a strong color but she chose a hue flattering to her skin, and styles it simply, letting the dress be the focus. Sadly the quality of the fabric was inclined to creasing and her limo ride over did not do it favors, but stunning overall. Best Hair & Makeup: I'll let Watts back on this list, that shade of lip color is HOT and her soft waves are sheer old Hollywood. A+
Jennifer Garner- I didn't dig her dress detailing too much, but her softly styled updo, stunning gems, and oh so natural makeup reminds us all why Neutrogena keeps this one on the dole! Take that Affleck! (no, you won't do better.)
Rooney Mara- ugh this kills me because I don't really like her, and I thought her dress looked like a crocheted doily missing from the Little House on the Prairie set- but I really like how she's styled. The merlot lips, strong brow, and tight chignon. She skipped gems altogether. She went for fashion forward rather than a glamour standard and she did it well. Damn you MARA!!!!!
Ok Drumroll....BEST OVERALL...Prianka Chopra. This woman is looking to take over the world. She is a MEGA star in Bollywood, semi-successful recording artist, and she's making serious moves on Hollywood. Her dress is breathtaking, like an homage to classical 19th century linens. Her makeup is flawless with a bold lip but not focus pulling, her hair pulled back into what appears to be an updo with the surprise that it's actually an elegant pony tail! She's got the drive and I've no doubt her star is only going to get bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment