Friday, September 27, 2013

Hello!!

Just to Catch Up

My biggest fan, Bud <3

Well lovelies, I've been out of town, out of the country, and into some extreme cooking! The birthday fairy visited me last week and to celebrate, I cooked an equinox feast. Replete with oat bannock and multiple fresh fruit pies! I have left my parents with way too many left overs (whoops! here's hoping it freezes?) It was a lot of fun, I also found a puff ball. A large edible wild mushroom that I used to see
(poke at) every fall as a little girl, but in more recent years they've been a rarity. It was great then to not only find one on our land, but be able to cook and eat it! I also found loads of sweet seedy wild grapes to munch on. The wild apples sadly were not quite ready yet. Still firmly clinging to their branches, I felt it better not to rush them, as presumably this fall I'll go apple picking at an orchard, which seriously is one of the most fun times you can have, ever.
So I ask you to think of this post as an explanation. The next few posts are all going to be recipes with photos, and they're the dishes I made and served last weekend, hope you all got to see the harvest moon Thurs, had a happy equal day and night on Sun, and tried balancing some eggs!
BKBTY

No comments:

Post a Comment