Thursday, December 5, 2013

Recipe: Cranberry Relish

A Sharing Recipe



This one isn't actually mine. Unheard of, I know. But this recipe was gifted to my family and my classmates by my kindergarden teachers, and we share it with all who like it. It's so delicious on the lentil loaf, and I've been told it's the cat's whiskers on turkey ;) So keeping with tradition, I share with you this simple fresh relish.
Ingredients:
1 bag fresh cranberries
1 navel orange
1/2 cup sugar

Directions:
1. Wash cranberries and orange thoroughly. Even the outer peel of the orange, it's goin' in there.
2. Chop orange up into largeish chunks.
3. Food process orange to mush, then start adding cranberries and sugar until all are incorporated and a puree texture achieved.
4. Allow a good hour in the fridge before eating. A nice reaction happens between the sugar and the berries allowing for a lower acid level and a sweet finish on the tongue!
ENJOY!
BKBTY



No comments:

Post a Comment