Monday, January 20, 2014

Moon Lady

A Song of Moon and Sirene
I met Sirene through Town Sports International and a shared love of African Dance :) It wouldn't be until much later that I would learn her true passion was being an Aerialist. And an extremely talented one too. She approached me about the possibility of a collaboration and I jumped at the chance. The opportunity to let my creativity be as wild as I wanted was a dream! She told me this performance was about visiting the moon and that she wanted her makeup to reflect something dreamlike but deeply feminine. Her mind was drawn strongly to the design motif of the pearl and she wanted to have that reflected in her appearance. So after some e-mailing and a shared pinterest board I came up with a design that amazingly she loved right off. Here is what we made together. 
The Design
we did a cream grey and silver glitter lid.
The pearls are "flat back" for crafting.
I bought these lashes on a whim, being inspired by the
work of Man Ray. Turns out his work was one of Sirene's
inspirations for the look as well!
The finished look. We used latex based lash adhesive for the
pearls, and blue NYX eye crayon for the lips.
I filled in between the pearls with opalescent glitter to catch
the stage lights 
Sirene also had the fun idea to use strand pearls
in the hairstyle, so I wove them in Lizzy Bennet style
Some of the smaller pearls had to applied with
tweezers as they were too small to hold.
At her performance. The pearls stayed on, even upside down!
What a blast! Hope for more in the future!
BKBTY

No comments:

Post a Comment