Sunday, July 14, 2013

Drugstore Pics.

Mascara for the Masses!!!

Most of the beauty products I review and recommend do tend to be pricier and a little more pro line based. Today however, it's makeup to the people!!! I want to pay due reverence to a real work horse of my makeup kit. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara. A grocery store/drugstore superstar, I always have at least two unopened in my kit at all times. It is regularly voted a top pic by Allure, Glamour, Cosmo.... Depending on the store you purchase it from, it usually costs between $4-5, and it's a really great product. I won't say it's superior to Dior or Givenchy but if 1. you don't find that you use mascara all
that often, there is NO reason to spend more than $10 on it. And 2. if you, like myself, need to apply product to multiple people, it's super to have on hand. In general, someone forgets to bring some, or what they have is a million years old/almost gone/clumpy- you get the idea. And as one NEVER shares mascara it's easy and cheap to provide an actor/bride/model with their own tube for the duration of the shoot/event. It will neither break your bank account nor your client's or production's budget. The water proof is true to it's name and while the non-waterproof runs a bit, you must be warm/oily to really get any raccoon eyes. If you do, a tissue wipes it away easily.
One of my absolute favorite aspects about this product line, which inspired me to write this post, is their clear formulation. Yes, they make clear mascara. A couple of ladies yesterday were unaware they did, and seemed interested in acquiring some of their own. I buy a baggie of disposable mascara wands and use a tube for all my clients. You can use it as a very sheer coverage lash mascara, for the most casual of events, if you have very full lashes that just need a little direction,
or if you have very fair lashes and find that browns and blacks are too startling or dramatic to wear everyday. What I like to use it for best however is eyebrow gel. Once brows are trimmed and filled in, a good gel helps unruly hairs to stay in place and helps to set the brow filling makeup.
As to wand preference, I personally stick with the fuzzy brush, typical of disposable wands, 90's brands, and store applicators. I have a lot of problems with combs and balls clumping and smudging.
Something to check out next time you need new mascara (every three to five months if you use daily, folks.)

BKBTY

No comments:

Post a Comment