Friday, July 26, 2013

Tastes of the Season!

Fun with Markets and Indoor Gardening :)

 Some fun pics of more trips to my delightful little farmers market and my attempts at indoor food growing. Sadly many of my plants have been having trouble dealing with the intense heat of NYC summers and my apt is just the worst when it comes to that too. But some of my weenie tomato plants are still kickin' it so I've re-potted them into a larger container (stoop find!) and am hopeful they'll continue to grow. It's so warm and sunny in here maybe I'll just get fruit in October (just let me think that, ok?) I also re-potted some of my beets and a couple of the leaves broke off, so I of course topped my steamed veggies with them for dinner. OH MY WORD. Some of the sweetest, most delightful greens to enter my mouth. I now feel spoiled for anything other than fresh picked from a window box. As my old English teacher would say Deeeeeeeeeee-lightful! Looking forward to my excursion tomorrow to see what new produce has come in!
BKBTY

No comments:

Post a Comment