Friday, July 5, 2013

Sunscreen!

Don't Give SPF the Brush Off!

I touched on this brand briefly in my first foundation post, (the next one's coming soon, I swear!) But now that the intensity of summer is really hitting us, I feel like it's important to say a word about sunscreen. For some of us, traditional sunblock is a mixed blessing. We get the all important, cancer preventing, youth preserving, benefits, but we also get greasy skin, clogged pores, and terrible breakouts. Or for some of my closest friends; terrible allergic reactions, red itchy skin, and swelling! There are brands that promise oil free, non comedogenic, hypo allergenic, but they don't seem to really help :(  So for those sensitive to most brands allow me to re-introduce Peter Thomas Roth. An upscale beauty brand that sells facial care and cosmetics, their mineral SPF is my favorite :) It's by no means cheap. It can't compare to Coppertone from the grocery store in that category, but, unlike these options it contains no liquids at all and is merely crushed minerals. Mainly a mixture of titanium and zinc dioxides, it comes in regular SPF formulations of 30 and 45, SPF 30 for acne problem skin, and SPF 45 anti-aging. It's great. It's honestly the only sunscreen I ever use on my face and given its brush dispenser, it lasts for quite a while before you need to replace it. I give it major thumbs up and hope that if you struggle between burns and acne/allergies or extremely large hats for four to five months, that you give it a try. Here's their site, and their page on Sephora. Practice safe sun!


BKBTY

No comments:

Post a Comment