Saturday, July 27, 2013

Rants and Reviews: Mary's Gone Crackers

Mary's Made me go Snackers....

Or at least that's what they should be called because put some in front of me and I can't seem to stop eating them... They're organic, gluten free, vegan, and made with ancient grains like quinoa, millet, brown rice, flax, chia, and sesame. I first tried them a couple years ago at the NYC Green Festival but 
had sadly had forgotten about them until my sister recently brought some to the 4th of July BBQ and pool fest I attended and I was reminded of their deliciousness! Unlike impostor health foods they don't cram these crackery snacks full of sugar and hydrogenated oils in place of flavor. They do have some salt but not crazy bad, pretty moderate really as far as sodium intake goes. (differs for each specific product.) I've had the pretzel rods in chipotle tomato (though I'd LOVE to try the curry, YOM.) And I've tried both the original and black pepper crackers-- also delicious. I haven't tried the cookies yet though I'd be willing to try a couple. 9 grams of sugar per 2 cookies is a little higher than I like to do, but again not bad at all. Definitely a better option than Chips Ahoy if
you know you need a cookie fix now and again.  (Though I do really love the Trader Joe's organic animal crackers) They definitely carry these puppies at Whole Foods and Wegman's and are spreading to a number of smaller stores. (Try the prospect park area for BK-ers.) Happy snacking!
BKBTY

No comments:

Post a Comment